Bauder has a patent-pending tapered insulation system, with innovative ridge and valley infill formations that enable both simplistic designs and the creation of complex fall configurations without the need to modify the building structure, creating cost savings for your client.
- Incorporated within the warm roof construction of a refurbishment flat roof system
- Suitable for use with bituminous membrane, single ply or cold applied waterproofing systems to suit the project requirements.
- Flexibility to create complex configurations with multi-directional falls.
- Creates 1:60 falls to comply with BS 6229:2018 Flat Roofs with Continuously Supported Flexible Roof Coverings.
- Granted BROOF (t4) to TS1187 and BS EN 13501-5 when used in a Bauder warm roof system.
- Good compressive strength to resist physical damage.
- Foil-faced for improved thermal efficiency
COMPLYING TO NEW BRITISH STANDARDS
The BS 6229:2018 update, effective from November 2018, considers it good practice for flat roofs to be designed to clear surface water as quickly as possible. It is also required in Building Regulations Part H that ‘adequate provision is made for rainwater to be carried from the roof of the building’. According to BS 6229 & BS 8217, flat roofs should be designed with minimum falls of 1:40 to ensure a finished fall of 1:80 can be achieved. This applies to all roof areas including internal gutters and sumps.
The minimum U-value levels permitted at any point of a heated building is 0.35W/m²K, including the thinnest areas of a tapered roof and gutters. Insulated outlets are required to maintain thermal continuity at drainage points. All Bauder designed schemes take these factors into account to adhere to the BS 6229:2018 update.
Bauder Tapered Insulation Design
Every roof will require a bespoke layout according to location of outlets or the drainage system which will dictate the direction of falls, maximum heights, acceptable weight loading, U-value to be achieved and budget costs.
BauderPIR FA Tapered Insulation is faced on both sides with black aluminium foil which increases thermal efficiency. The boards are available in a variety of thickness from a 1-board up to an 8-board to achieve the desired pitch and thermal requirements for each project. Using only one layer of tapered board atop 160mm FATE base layer of insulation makes for an easier, quicker and more cost-effective method of applying a tapered scheme.
To arrange a meeting with your Bauder area technical manager to discuss your flat roof project call Alex Body on 0845 271 8800.