When SureCell is used in conjunction with SureSet resin bound paving you are guaranteed a SuDS compliant, fully permeable surface.
Features of SureCell
- Low/no-dig sub-base option - total depth is only 82mm
- Can be laid directly onto levelled sub-grade (i.e. soil/stone)
- Easy and quick to install - a 50m² driveway can be laid in one day
- Environmentally friendly – SureCell can be reused
- Super-strong and high load bearing *full technical and environmental information below
- Depth of SureCell can be doubled for increased strength
- Covered by an 18 year guarantee
- Provides natural filtration*.
Just three layers to a fully permeable surface…
From the top down there are three layers to a fully permeable surface - each one an integral part of the reinforcement and filtration system:
1. First (bottom) layer
After the removal of vegetation and debris to create a level and compacted sub-grade a geo-textile membrane layer is laid to prevent the upward migration of fine soil particles.
2. Second layer
SureCell is laid and infilled with gravel – suitable for pedestrian and vehicular traffic. For heavy use an additional layer of SureCell is used.
3. Third (top) layer
A 10mm SureSet SuDS mix is installed at a 30mm depth.
Usually SureSet resin bound paving needs some form of edging such as:
- Paving slabs
But with this fully permeable SureSet system a natural, rustic, look can be achieved without edging by rounding off the edges of the resin bound paving. We recommend this for pathways only.
Environmental benefits of SureCell
- Made from 100% recycled plastic (HDPE), SureCell creates a fully permeable reinforced sound base, without the need for a cementitious or bitumen based products. HDPE is inert and stable, with an expected lifespan of over 50 years.
- CIRIA, the leading body in SuDS research, states that a permeable surface can remove 60-95% of suspended solids and 70-90% of hydrocarbons. As surface water seeps through the sub-base a natural filtration takes place – reducing or removing impurities and pollutants caused by oils and metals.
- With SureCell being built-up rather than excavated down, the no dig situation eliminates potential damage to trees and plants.
- No digging, and reducing the amount of infill required, reduces the need for heavy machinery. This has a knock on effect on pollution, the carbon footprint and minimizes on-site disruption from dust, erosion and runoff.
- The long-term design life of SureCell mean that maintenance, associated environmental and long-term environmental costs are significantly reduced.
- A SureSet aggregate size of 10mm requires a standard depth of 30mm
- SureCell 52mm depth fully connected cellular reinforcement structure infilled with well compacted 4/10mm crushed aggregate to BS EN 12620
- For heavier applications two layers of 52mm SureCell can be installed.