Architects, engineers, surveyors, designers and specifiers of all kinds from across the country frequently call upon Newton’s technical experts to deliver one of their top-rated RIBA CPD seminars.
Seminars can be delivered at your own office or hosted at Newton’s dedicated training facility at their head office in Tonbridge, Kent, whilst the presentations themselves can be tailored to the individual requirements of your practice.
“Newton went out of their way to provide a CPD that was engaging, up-to-date and tailored to our relevant areas of work. The speaker was also extremely knowledgeable, and ensured that they accommodated all team members equally. We will certainly be in touch with Newton in future to discuss our upcoming projects.”
Damon Hilliard, BDB Design LLP
CPD 1 – Structural Waterproofing Design Strategies to BS 8102:2009
Our top-rated RIBA CPD, the seminar focuses on the different forms of structural waterproofing systems on the market and how to waterproof to achieve the environmental grades required within BS 8102:2009.
Topics covered also include:
- A focus on how combination waterproofing systems are specified for below ground environments on both new-build and existing structures
- A section details discussion on how different waterproofing designs interface with below ground structures
CPD 2 – Waterproofing Factory Tour
Carried out at Newton’s training facility, the industry’s first RIBA-approved factory tour aims to educate the specifier on their design obligations within the UK structural waterproofing industry (in accordance with BS 8102:2009), whilst illustrating the theory with practical demonstrations. Accordingly the CPD is separated into two sections:
1. The classroom theory outlines the different waterproofing systems available and how they can be combined
2. The product demonstrations illustrate the Type A, B and C waterproofing systems, as well as pumping and spray-applied systems.
CPD 3 – A Designers Guide to Type C Waterproofing to British Standard 8102:2009
Explore waterproofing design requirements in accordance with current legislation, British Standards and NHBC standards:
- Understand the evolution of Type C internal cavity drain waterproofing
- Examine the importance of the requirement for maintainability in BS 8102:2009
- Understand sustainability issues and the importance of using specialist waterproofing designers and contractors
Specialist Contractor Insight
When visiting your premises, Newton also offers the added benefit of a Newton Specialist Basement Contractors (NSBCs). Selected from Newton’s nationwide network of carefully selected and vetted NSBCs, the contractor will attend the CPD alongside Newton and provide their own insights into the practical realities and complexities of waterproofing on a construction site.
“Everyone in the office found Newton’s CPD presentation incredibly informative and enlightening, helped by the fact that it was delivered by an expert speaker who engaged with the audience. Having the added benefit of a Newton Specialist Contractor present also gave a new dimension to the CPD, providing our staff with a welcome insight into the challenges of waterproofing on site.”
Louise Duval, HollandGreen Architecture & Interiors
Book Your Own CPD
To book a CPD or speak to our in-house CPD coordinator, please contact Becky Woodley on: