This means that we can reduce the build’s impact on your local area by:
MATERIALS: The materials we use in construction are integral to our eco-friendly credentials. We build with timber frame and sectional wooden insulated panels constructed offsite.
FOUNDATIONS: Our foundations have been designed to reduce impact on the environment by using a minimal amount of concrete in our unique pad-based system or, when more appropriate, screw pile.
ROOFS: A Sedum roof is not only aesthetically pleasing all year round, but also provides a habitat for a rich variety of wildlife. A sedum roof significantly reduces rainwater runoff whilst lowering energy consumption.
TIMBER: Our timber comes from sustainable forests (FSC and PEFC). These forests are meeting the needs of the present without compromising the needs of future generations. This is a process that is ensured by practising an environmentally-aware land stewardship ethic. Our use of timber reduces the embodied carbon for any project and acts as a carbon store.
RENEWABLE ENERGY: We can incorporate solar power into our builds as a clean renewable source of energy.
INSULATION: The glass wool insulation used in our buildings is manufactured from a combination of silica sand and up to 80% recycled postconsumer glass that would otherwise be heading to landfill. This makes it one of the most environmentally sustainable insulation products on the market today.
SUN PIPES: Sun pipes capture daylight from the rooftop, through highly reflective tubing, and take it to where it’s needed. The pipes offer brilliant natural light as an alternative to artificial lighting, helping to reduce energy consumption.
Our buildings achieve A+ energy ratings with an air test of 5 or less and the use of:
• Ultra-efficient LED lighting calculated for each space to specific levels avoiding over lit areas using photocell detection and timeclock.
• Ventilation using a mixture of natural ventilation, ultra-energy efficient ventilation systems and low carbon fans with integrated controls that monitor both temperature and CO2 for optimum thermal comfort. It operates in three modes depending on the season.
• AA rated Mitsubishi air source heat pumps.
• Low carbon usage extract fans in toilets & kitchenettes.
• Water heating with an air source heat pump combined tank to reduce carbon emissions. Water controls can be installed on all urinal cisterns and presence sensor taps keeping the overall water usage to a minimum.
• With the addition of suitable PV solar panels, our buildings can be classified as ‘Carbon Neutral’.
Our buildings are designed to be aesthetically pleasing, ergonomic and highly practical but just as importantly, they are built to last. We expect our buildings to last 60 years or more with appropriate maintenance.