ith the key flooring brands and suppliers under one roof, it’s no surprise to hear that Harrogate always plays host to some major new launches. Visitors will be able to see over 250 brands, more than 50 new exhibitors and check out new products from British-based suppliers Cormar Carpets, Karndean International, Furlong Flooring, Cavalier Carpets, Westex, Abindgon Flooring, Interfloor and Distinctive Flooring, to name but a few.
From Europe, Dutch company Condor Carpets is attending, along with H&V Carpets and Moduleo, both from Belgium, and newcomer Barth1873 from Germany.
New exhibitors for this year also include William Armes and its well-known Dandy brand, Oneflor-Europe, a global LVT brand from Belgium, the Portuguese family-owned and operated Ribadao Designs and Bautech Flooring UK which delivers industrial and decorative flooring, including paving and driveways like polished concrete floors, micro-cement, terrazzo and resin floors.
“Investing time in meeting the people behind the brands and getting hands-on with the products makes specifying so much easier – you get a true sense of a product’s performance and the people too, so you can be confident in your choices when it really matters,” says Event Manager, Kane Thomas of Ocean Media Group, which bought the show last year.
Other new exhibitors include Brit Adhesives, Dri-Tac Flooring Products, EverJade Group, Home Creations International, Ikoustic, IQ Mouldings, Kellars, Laifuer UK, Leading Edge Supplies, Lohmann, Macro Carpets, Pinnacle Carpets and PRO-TEK WPC flooring.
The Flooring Show has two product Demo Zones in halls B and C hosted by the Flooring Industry Training Association (FITA) and supported by the Carpet Fitters Association (CFA) and National Institute of Carpet and Floorlayers (NICF).
In addition, six finalists will be battling it out live to become ‘Carpet Fitter of the Year 2018’. Put to the test during Sunday and Monday, the winner will be announced at 16.30 on Monday. You can see the action in the King’s Suite.
Over in hall C, British Wool and wool specialists Penthouse, Brockway, Cavalier, Ulster and Adam Carpets plus Westex and Bond Worth will once again be championing the benefits of wool products in the flooring industry. Check out their striking new ranges of merchandising and interior displays.
Plus, new this year, visitors will be able to book a guided ‘Trend Briefing’ at the show. Led by Laura Greenwood of specialist interior design trend forecaster Scarlet Opus, each session will last a maximum of 30 minutes and give a quick overview of which key global consumer and design trends will affect the flooring market.
Finally, pick up some free expert advice through the show’s Live Talks programme:
• What makes a company successful online? From digital marketeer, Inside Online
• ComputersForFlooring.com demos its tried and tested technology for managing a flooring business
• Bruce Zwicker, ex-President and CEO of J.J. Haines, America’s largest flooring distributor, shares how US independent retailers compete with the big chains
• Stand out from the crowd with advice from Ian Retallick, Founder of training company, Specialist Retailers
• High-street Commentator and Researcher Michael Weedon, of exp2 and the FSB, explains what is really happening to shops in town centres all over the UK
• Join in and take part in a ‘Flooring Forum’ panel to share your views on the industry’s future.